Magical Switzerland (Winter 2018-19)
About Geneva, Switzerland
Additional Included Highlights
- Lucerne: See the covered wooden bridges, Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Montreux: Enjoy time to stroll along the lakeside promenade.
- Geneva: See Jet d’Eau, United Nations Building and Reformation Monument.
- St Moritz: Indulge in the glitz and glamour of the fashionable ski resort of the rich and famous.
- Scenic Drives: Walensee, Grisons, Rhône Valley, Lake Geneva.
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at the local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, it's a real Swiss treat.
- Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Lunch (L) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling during Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
- Chillon Castle: With a Local Expert, visit beautiful Chillon Castle, an architectural jewel set on the shores of Lake Geneva. At this former home of the Dukes of Savoy, go back through time and hear how in 1816, the castle inspired Lord Byron to write the poem ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’ following his walk through the dungeons.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Lucerne: Hotel Astoria is a city centre hotel, just minutes from the lake. It has a lively rooftop bar with views of Lucerne as well as several restaurants and a coffee shop.
- St. Moritz: Hotel Laudinella enjoys a quiet location in St. Moritz-Bad, the spa quarter, and offers superb views of the surrounding mountains.
- Brig: Located in the heart of the city, Hotel Alex is surrounded by innumerable snow-topped mountains and offers spacious modern rooms.
- Geneva: The Warwick Geneva is centrally located and features stylish and elegant interiors.
Top Rated Highlights
- Winter Magic: Enjoy the majestic beauty, snowy peaks and crystal clear waters of the lakes.
- Glacier Express: Travel aboard the world famous Glacier Express for a spectacular ride through the heart of the Swiss Alps. From your panoramic viewing car, watch picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages glide by.
- Zermatt: Board the cogwheel train which takes you to the traffic-free haven of Zermatt at the foot of the Matterhorn.
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Glühwein. Explore on select departures.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.