Gems of Britain (Summer 2018)
About London, United Kingdom
Additional Included Highlights
- York: Within the city walls see the York Minster and croked Shambles.
- Borders: See the ruins of Jedburgh Abbey.
- Liverpool: See the famous Liver Building.
- Chester: Walk by the Rows and see the cathedral, Eastgate Clock and remains of the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Cardiff: Enjoy an orientation tour.
- Bath: View the fine Georgian architecture.
- Scenic Drives: English Lake District, Welsh Marshes, Severn Bridge.
- Edinburgh: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. You will also see the Sir Walter Scott Monument on Princes Street, and explore the elegant New Town.
Top Rated Highlights
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Discover the fascinating story of William Shakespeare’s early years. Wander inside the timber-framed building where the world’s most famous playwright was born and grew up. Peruse the interesting artefacts and memorabilia relating to the great bard’s life.
- Chester: Explore this former Roman fortress town with a guided walk along part of the city walls. Admire the Eastgate Clock, cathedral, black and white ‘Rows' and remains of the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Bath: The City of Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built atop of Britain's only natural mineral springs. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room, built by the Romans over 2000 years ago as a place to wash and socialise.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have stood for 5,000 years.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle, framed by flickering torch light. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. In their hundreds, wave upon wave of massed bands, flag bearers and baton twirlers erupt in a virtuoso display of rhythmic precision. For a limited time in August, you can witness the remarkable spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.